Monday, June 30, 2014

This weekend I became fearless or perhaps downright brainless as I began to rip out poison ivy and virginia creeper from the boarders of our house. Yep, today I am living with regrets.  I’ve had my fill and while I’m highly sensitive, I found it in every flower garden, in our blueberry patch and creeping into our yard and that’s after 6 batches of natural killer weeks ago.  Ugh, so as I lay awake last night, beginning to itch (just after my first major bout is starting to dry up) I am wishing I had a brain {or some magic potion of some sort, after all they can cure all kinds of complicated diseases yet can’t find a quick fix for simple poison ivy?!?} and I’m hoping the funky itchy places like my ears and feet are all in my mind or it could be a long week ahead.

Aside from being itchy and hot and trying not to complain too much since I did it to myself, another full week came to a close.  With perfect weekend weather, we were thrilled to knock out a few projects on our to-do’s and snuck out for some fun at my cousin, Eli’s graduation party.  Grammie and Dziadzu stopped by and brought the boys to the party early but we spent most of our weekend cleaning, organizing, painting and working around the house.  Most of the exterior windows are painted (3 coats!) and now need to be scrapped.  Our veggie garden is weeded and our strawberry bed has been “re-worked,” our deck and porch are power washed, lawn mowed, basement bins sorted and we even snuck in church and nursery duty. 

Last week I was thrilled to meet my friend Leeanne for an evening walk.  You will never hear me complain when it comes to good friends and evening strolls and she is always such a good sport about going!  We also meet our friends Harper, Tucker, Connor and Caitlyn at Stanley Park for a sweaty but fun start to our Friday.  We had swim lessons all week and tried to get to the beach early at every given opportunity to burn some energy.  Aiden and Chris had a Mamie day and special treats to boot! I had my normal Tuesday night class, two acupuncture sessions and went for a consultation at the Western Mass Hand Center for my carpal tunnel.  I feel better looking back at the week, realizing why it flew by so quickly.  We are still working on some testy behaviors but are finding that staying busy and having fun activities for leverage helps… at least just a little!  Speaking of time flying, can it be true that tomorrow is July 1st?  Seriously?  And to think that in less than two months my little nephew will be here to remind us of the little things in life!

photo 3 (8)photo 2 (9)

No comments: