Thursday, January 19, 2017

Christmas 2016

As promised, I want to share and document this years Christmas fun.  Excitement was high and spirits were merry.  In keeping with my yearly goal, I had the majority of my shopping done by Thanksgiving.  I just love holiday preparations and love to make it my goal to keep the month of December for crafts, decorating, visiting and simply enjoying.

With Jake as my right hand man we made dozens and dozens of cookies and put together our traditional holiday goody baskets.  When you love to bake and have a reason to share, you jump at the opportunity.  We also tried our hand at homemade dog biscuits, bird treats and cinnamon ornaments.  I cherish my time in the kitchen with Jake and he just loves baking or perhaps its the samples he's truly fond of.  In either case, it's become our "thing."

We prepped a big breakfast for Christmas morning and were happy to make a few treats early for a visit from Uncle Dan and cousin Whit on Christmas Eve morning.  Uncle Dan arrived Friday night and slept over as an early morning surprise.  The idea was a hit! and we were all thrilled to see him!

As I mentioned, Jake was down for the count on Christmas Eve with a stomach bug.  He broke my heart but pulled himself together to make it to the celebrations on Christmas day.  He enjoyed presents for days afterwards as he began to feel better and rediscovered the gifts he had received.

Aiden and Chris caught Santa in the act with a secret spy cam on Christmas Eve.

Santa delivered, bringing Razor 360's (electronic tricycles that go 10 mph) for Aiden and Chris and a "real, live" fish for Jake.  Sadly the fish was only with us for two days but understandably as the cold temps and long trip from the North Pole can be hard to take.

Mike spent Christmas Eve at his parents with all of the aunts, uncles and cousins.  I was disappointed but stayed home and kept my little man company on the couch.

Christmas morning the boys were up bright and early, attempting a 4:15 wake up.  We encouraged them back to bed until 5:15 and began the day before the sun.  I personally remember those days with no excitement greater than that of Christmas morning.  We enjoyed a leisurely morning together before heading to my parents for the afternoon.  Time with family is always so welcome and always passes by in the blink of an eye.  Christmas weekend was no exception.





Another great Christmas in the books!

No comments: