Thursday, January 21, 2016

Over 7 years ago I started my blog.  Having Mommy brain day in and day out, blogging was the perfect way to remember all of those oh so important details that I knew would never stick.  It quickly became a part of my weekly routine and something that I grew to look forward to.  Something that I enjoyed looking back on.  Something that I was excited to share.

Well... If I'm being honest, I've been so darn discouraged lately.  My old desktop software is no longer communicating with my blog, sending one error message after another.  I've written numerous blog entries, queued up my favorite photos and attempted to publish again and again.  

On the top of my to-do list day in and day out is to find a new desktop publishing program.  Qualifications being that it's easy and free.  I have yet to succeed and with super locked down computer security for work purposes, I am batting zero.  

So if you're wondering where I've been and if I'm giving up... the answer is I'm alive, well and frustrated.  So very frustrated.  But never giving up. Finding a solution will remain on my list.  Does anyone know any great desktop programs?  Could be for Mac or Microsoft based.... 

In the meantime, lets get back to life.  Can you believe we're nearing the end of January?  We've been filling our days with cellar sandbox play (the best investment for our little man with 5 big bags of playground sand and a cheap plastic pool loaded with every dump truck and excavator in sight), lots of baking, cleaning and attempts at getting organized.  

Speaking of organization - I will admit... I love the idea of getting organized.  Somehow purchasing lots of cute baskets, crates and storage totes is usually my extend of success but its all with the best of intentions.

Aiden and Chris started basketball a few weeks ago and seem to be enjoying it.  We've had one bitty snow fall but not enough to stop my boys from making this years first snowman which has now resulted in clean, grassy lawn with one large dirty ball of snow that remains to greet you.    The big boys both continue to love reading and video games and could spend hours playing with our neighbor, Ben.  They love all things sports and are just starting to display loyalty toward pro sports teams.  Nothing makes them happier than having someone to play with.  They are smart cookies who are excelling in school but have perfected that art of driving one another insane.  Their energy is endless and their minds are always working.

Jake has been making several requests each day to use the real potty.  He's still in diapers and can't stand the thought of wearing underpants (even when bribed with the offer to buy cool ones) or pull ups but he insists on being changed each time he wets his diaper.  He has the biggest sweet tooth and requests treats morning, noon and night.  He loves Kipper and Bob the Builder and would spend hours playing construction or "big trucks" as he calls it.  Regardless of how many times we practice his colors, they never sink in.  He loves to count, say his prayers and eat.  He enjoys wresting, hide and seek and being tickled.  The word "no" is viewed as a challenge.  He is strong willed and stubborn but a true cuddlier and sweet boy at heart.

Work and house projects continue to keep Mike and I busy.  We've (as me in) still been working through the house room by room painting and are hoping to get the vast majority done before the warmer weather is here.  I love feeling productive and crossing things off my chore list.  There is no greater feeling.

With the boys family birthday party just a few weeks away, projects are on hold as I work on some birthday decor and fun football themed surprises.  I promise I'll share!

No comments: