Thursday, November 17, 2016

Behind the scenes

I always appreciate the down and dirty truth.  We're all human, we're all silly, live with regrets and make silly decisions.  We've all wished away moments only to long to have them back.  We've eaten our hearts out only to feel sick.  We've yelled out our kids and snuck in after bed to feel full of remorse as you take in their true innocence.  Today was a day I longed for perspective.  I'm down and out a sinus/head cold, not feeling 100%.  Sleep is lacking and my patience has followed suit.  As the big boys bound off to school, Jake started in with a million and one questions.  He's eager to learn and I can't blame him but each response I shared was followed with "what?"  As the occurrences added up to more than I could track I said "hey Jake, could you work on having better listening ears so you don't have to say what so many times."  His response was perfect.  "What?" And so my afternoon continued and now as I have a moment of quiet I miss it.  Silly but I do.  I miss the chatter.  I miss the questions.  I miss the company.

So in sitting down to get some work done, but wanted to share to remember myself some of the less then perfect moments from our Christmas card out takes.

 Boo.  Did I scare you?  - Jake
 Arm farts are always giggle worthy
 Who needs a little brother anyways?

 "Mom, I think the Christmas card people would much rather see my muscles" - Aiden
 Hugs so hard they hurt.  Literally because boys will be boys.
 Action shots because Chris is a boy on the move.
 Yes, he bit him.  Meet Jake the biting brother.
 Abs of steel and poison ivy scars
The crew.  Giggles, wiggles and sillies.

This is life.  This is our life.  Perfectly imperfect.


No comments: