Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wish lists

The holidays have me all sorts of excitement and I admittedly have been listening to Christmas music for a few weeks now.  There's just so much anticipation and so much joy and while I may be a bit premature I like to be sure that I have time to take all of the festivities in.

My holiday shopping is started and Jake's been asking for weeks when we will get our Christmas tree.  Perhaps he takes after me?  The stores are festive and I can't seem to sneak out without taking a peak and finding a holiday temptation here, there and everywhere.  There is so much fun in believing.

And speaking of fun, I had the joy of taking all three boys on individual "dates" to create their Christmas wish lists last weekend.  A tradition started last year, the boys each got a meal of their choice and a chance to peruse without concern for time or when we needed to be home.  A chance for the boys to feel special and a chance to truly enjoy the excitement.  Within 24 hours I had been to Target 3 times and spent nearly 6 hours in the toy aisle.  The multiple thanks received and brief squeezes (because you still have to maintain your cool factor) made it the best investment of time spent all week long.

My Friday night date:  A trip to Target, Pizza Hut, the Dollar Store and Dunkin Donuts



Saturday morning date: Dunkin Donuts, Target, The Dollar Store and Petco

 Saturday night date: Target, The Dollar Store, Petco, McDonalds


AND, That's a wrap.... oxo

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a fun idea! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Come On Join With Us Now !!! ayam tarung bangkok WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA