Friday, May 13, 2016

Spring Days

Oh how I've looked forward to blogging.  I truly have attempted several times and found the task moving farther and farther down my to-do list only to get pushed aside for weeks. And here I am again.

Mike traveled for work at the beginning of the month and I've been busy working through contracts on a few new houses.  We've started a tree fort for the boys in the woods and we're dreaming of finishing a shed, working in our gardens and working on painting some exterior trim.  The reality is that night falls all too quickly and before we know it another week has flown by.  I know you can all relate.  

I recently started the process of going digital with my date book.  I know, I'm years behind but the thought of depending solely on my devices to keep me in check is a bit daunting.  I live by my paper calendar and stacks of lists and chores.  I am a huge paper and pencil kind of gal so going paperless seems foreign.  Exciting but intimidating.  I've jumped on board and am slowly working on making the switch.  Please bare with me as I'll likely miss events and jumble up a time here or there but please know that I am trying.

Mothers Day was amazing.  My boys were beyond excited to surprise me with breakfast in bed.  I was showered with gifts both hand made and purchased.  They're priceless.  We were lucky to celebrate with all of the special women in our lives spending Saturday at my parents and Sunday with my in-laws.  We ate, relaxed and visited both days.  Perfect indeed!

As the school year wraps up, the kids have started their summer countdown.  I'm not going to lie, summers make me a bit anxious.  New routines (or lack there of) and a lot of time to fill with busyness to keep the kiddos occupied and out of trouble.  I use many of Jake's afternoon naps (yes, he still naps and I am oh SO grateful) to take care of work related tasks.  It's worked perfectly, filling in at night and throughout the day as needed but with the big boys home, naps are sure to disappear and my routine will need to be re-evaluated.  I look forward to quiet, relaxing mornings and alarm clocks set past 5:30 am.  The kids are excited for vacation, sports, swimming and backyard fun.  These days of summer will be here before we know it!  In the meantime I'm cherishing my last few weeks of this routine.


No comments: